Mission and Vision
Run by a group of passionate volunteers and advocates, the Canadian Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviour Support Network (CBSN) aims to reduce the stigma, shame, and isolation associated with Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviours (BFRBs), and related mental health conditions.
Founded in 2013, CBSN is a federally registered non-profit organization based out of Toronto, Ontario. We are the second organization of its kind in the world, and Canada’s only support/educational resource for Canadian pullers, pickers and professionals alike.
WHAT WE DO
- Offer Peer Support Groups for those affected by BFRBs across Canada
- Participate in mental health conferences and promote awareness about BFRBs
- Community Engagement
- Advocate for accessible/affordable mental health care for all
- Educate Canadian doctors/ medical professionals and encourage them to learn about BFRBs and how to treat them
- BFRB awareness packages for schools/hospitals/parents
Our Logo: Why the thumbprint heart?
The thumbprint highlights many aspects associated with BFRBs. For example, it represents the hand, the main tool for BFRBs. The thumbprint itself emphasizes that everyone is an individual — just as no two finger prints are alike. The heart, formed by two separate thumbprints, represents unity & coming together. It is important to remember that no two people are the same, just like a BFRB can be quite unique to each person. They may be able to stop, they may not. Don’t lose hope when deciding how to deal with yours. Some of us are trying to stop, where others accept this is who we are.
Learn more about who we are and what we do, as well as how you can get involved!